An implant has been placed in your jaw. Special care must be taken until the implant has healed in the next 2–4 months.
- Refrain from vigorous mouth rinsing or spitting. Gentle rinsing is OK after 24 hours. Regular rinsing is OK to resume in 1 week.
- No drinking through a straw or sucking on anything for 1 week.
- No chewing on the implant site if possible.
- Do not use a Sonicare™ or any other electric toothbrush on the healing cuff.
- Make sure you return to see us 7–14 days for your post-op appointment.
- Clean the healing cuff or temporary crown with a Q-tip® dipped in an oral antibacterial solution 2 times a day until the final crown is placed.
Strict adherence to these instructions will help ensure the success of your implant. Please call us at any time if you have any questions regarding your aftercare.