The Evening Before Surgery
- Eat a light dinner.
- Get a good night’s rest.
- No smoking.
The Date of Surgery – Empty Stomach
- If your appointment is before noon, absolutely no foods or liquids (NO WATER).
- If your appointment is in the afternoon, no foods or liquids 8 hours before the appointment (NO WATER).
- No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before surgery or 3 days after surgery.
- Use the restroom before your appointment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery. Please wear a short-sleeved shirt.
- You are not to drive to your appointment.
Important – A Ride Home
A responsible adult must accompany and stay with you the remainder of the day after your procedure. A parent or guardian must accompany minors to the office; written consent is necessary.
- Remove glasses or contacts.
- Remove earrings, necklaces, and tongue studs.
- Remove partial or full dentures.
- Remove nail polish.
If under medical care, please notify our office prior to your procedure.