An implant has been placed in your jaw. Special care must be taken until the implant has healed in the next 2-4 months.
- Refrain from vigorous mouth rinsing or spitting. Gentle rinsing is okay after 24 hours. Regular rinsing is ok to resume in one week.
- No drinking through a straw or sucking on anything for one week.
- No chewing on the implant site if possible.
- Do not use a Sonicare or any other electric toothbrush on the healing cuff.
- Make sure you return to see us in 7-14 days for your post-op appointment.
- Clean healing cuff or temporary crown with a q-tip dipped in an oral antibacterial solution two times a day until final crown is placed.
Strict adherence to these instructions will help ensure the success of your implant. Please call us at any time if you have any questions regarding your aftercare.