There are several things that you will need to do before you can receive general anesthesia. Dr. Tyler Boynton and our team will review our pre-treatment instructions with you so that you will be prepared for your procedure and read to receive anesthesia. For more information or to set up your appointment with our oral surgeon in Sonoma, California, please contact Sonoma Valley Oral Surgery at 707-996-4519 .
THE EVENING BEFORE SURGERY
- Eat a light dinner.
- Get a good night’s rest.
- No smoking.
THE DAY OF THE SURGERY – EMPTY STOMACH
- If appointment is before noon, absolutely no foods or liquids (NO WATER).
- If appointment is in the afternoon, no foods or liquids six hours before appointment (NO WATER).
- No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before surgery or 3 days after surgery.
- Use restroom before appointment.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing on day of surgery. Please wear short sleeve
- You are not to drive to your appointment.
IMPORTANT – A RIDE HOME
A responsible adult must accompany and stay with you the remainder of the day after your procedure. Minors must come to office accompanied by parent or guardian; written consent is necessary.
- Remove glasses or contacts.
- Remove earring, necklaces and tongue studs.
- Remove partial or full dentures.
- Remove nail polish.
If under medical care, please notify office prior to procedure.